Commission O’Clock

8 Oct

In the interests of cutting things ridiculously fine, I agreed to take on a commission for some artwork last week. Here is the finished piece, fresh back from the framers:

I am really pleased with it – sometimes it’s so great to get a commission on the go as it’s a good chance to do something a bit different that you perhaps wouldn’t have thought of before…

This client wanted something that would look good in her living room, so she brought me round a sample of fabric from her Marimekko curtains which look like this and we talked about how she has a few things that are covered in gold leaf.

All the butterflies are colours to match in with the curtains and I added in one large butterfly in gold leaf for good measure – lovely!

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Commission O’Clock”

1. Bella October 17, 2009 at 1:12 am #

I think this is just so beautiful and I also love your nursery, it looks smashing. Very talented

• birdface October 17, 2009 at 8:49 pm #

thanks bella! 😀

2. Dan Course October 21, 2009 at 8:28 pm #

Hi birdface,

That’s an amazing piece. How many of those have you made?

dan
    alive@dontdoitdan.co.uk

• birdface October 22, 2009 at 5:03 pm #

thanks dan 🙂
      i have made a fair few of these now… the nice thing is that they are all completely original as the papers are all hand made and hand cut. i couldn’t make two of them the same if i tried!!

3. Dan Course October 22, 2009 at 5:11 pm #

yeah they’re lovely! How much does a commission cost?

4. birdface October 26, 2009 at 10:43 am #

A commission for a piece this size would be £900.
    I can work to any size/colour scheme required though. Smaller pieces start from £125.
    Let me know if you’re interested 🙂

5. lornsadaisy December 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm #

oooo – I want one! a little out of my (always waiting for bloody invoices to be paid) budget though – very lovely!