Fishy Mobile

18 Jan

Having little nieces and nephews is practically the best thing ever…

Here’s a mobile I made for my niece, Alice just after she was born:

Materials: embroidery thread, felt, bamboo hoop, ribbons, acrylic stuffing and glass beads for the eyes.

Pattern for fish can be found here.

More pics below…

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Fishy Mobile”

1. Casey August 26, 2008 at 7:32 pm #

another cute idea! I love this 🙂 it’s so creative

2. codruta December 10, 2008 at 3:03 pm #

really beautiful, lov it

3. Jayne April 17, 2009 at 3:04 pm #

Do you still have the pattern for those fish? I meant to print it out but now it looks like the link is broken. 😦

4. birdface April 18, 2009 at 1:48 am #

Hi Jayne – I think I do have it here somewhere – I’ll see if I can look it out for you…

5. mals April 25, 2009 at 5:28 pm #

i’d love that pattern too!~ such a cute mobile. better then any one i’ve seen in stores!

6. Elizabeth December 17, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

Do you still have the pattern for those fish? Could you possibly send it. My daughter would love one for her Christmas tree! The link doesn’t seems to be working. Thanks in advance.

• birdface December 20, 2009 at 3:56 pm #

Hey there – I am going to have a good hunt around for this and I will let you know if I find it!

7. Esther Metcalf January 2, 2010 at 9:37 pm #

Hi there, I was hoping for the pattern too. This mobile is great. Just perfect for my friend who is due on 11th Jan.Thanks, Esther

8. Terra-Lee May 27, 2010 at 8:59 pm #

Hi! I would also love a copy of the pattern, I have a new niece or nephew coming soon and would love to make one for them!!! Thank you!

9. K September 26, 2010 at 5:43 am #

Hi There,
    Would you be able to provide me with the pattern for the fish mobile?
    The link on the web page does not work. I love the mobile but am having difficulty sewing without the pattern.

10. Charlotte October 5, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

I had to have this, so I hunted for a while, here’s an option that looks darn close:

Great idea!!!

• birdface October 6, 2010 at 10:49 am #

Hurray, HURRAY!!
      Thanks so much Charlotte – that is the right pattern – I have been looking for a new link to that for SO LONG!!
      😀 x x x